History of the appeal of orthodox church in a mosque in Turkey
Continuing to go in rounds in Turkey on Uzun Sokak, you will suit to Tabakhana Deresi (Tabakhane Deresi) soon (Syromyatna to a hollow) with the bridge (Tabakhane Bridge) with the same name. On other its party the old city was stretched on "table" but before there going, you should deviate a route and to walk on east coast of the gorge so not to pass Bilaloglu Sokak. Without passing through the bridge, go on the signs, showing the road to хамаму, and late on the first turn sharply curtail on the right (this turn is designated, but the index is heavy for beholding) aside from Fatikh Hamama. Through 350 m you will suit to Iyeni of Dzhum to Dzhamiya (Yeni Cuma Camii) XIII century, the former church of the patron of Trebizond St. Evgenia (St Eugenius). To this place worshipped from III century when the St. Evgeny opposing reigning on Boztep of a cult of the Mitre, has been killed by order of Diokletian. As often happens in such cases, his skull has been found here in some years after appearance of the new governor of the city, Alexey Komnin, on the occasion of what have built church to store in it a relic. It is considered that sacred intervention has helped to rescue Trebizond in 1222 from сельджуков. To chagrin, in 1461 it has not helped, and, having taken control of the city, Mekhmed Zavoyevatel has enjoined to serve the Friday prayer first in the city in this church, previously having consecrated it as a mosque. Have added also a minaret later. To examine simple, but perfectly remained interiors, you should find time between day prayers.
Having passed Tabakhan Deresi, you get to the district of the old city which Ortakhisar («an average fortress» is called). Above, on the most abrupt slopes over the gorge there is the top citadel, and down more defenceless bottom city surrounded with the third ring of strengthenings which last to the sea rolls down from a plateau already. These walls with the embrasures which have grown with grapes have remained in different degree, but can absolutely provide guidance on volume as Trabzon in days of the glory looked. The main sight of Turkey in Ortakhisara is Panagy Hrizokifalos’s former church, at present — usually open for visits Ortakhisar Dzhamy (Ortahisar Camii) which also call Fatikh Dzhamy (Fatih Camii). As well as in a case from Yeni Dzhum Dzhamiya, it is at a stop churches of the III century, but its present building belongs to the XIII century and has been again considerably reconstructed after civil war of 1341. Earlier this mosque served in Turkey as the main cathedral of the Trapezundsky empire where there were weddings, burial services and crownings of her governors. "Panagy Hrizokefalos" is meant by "the Gold-domed Virgin» and Komninov when they presumed to cover domes of churches with gold treats an era of blossoming of a dynasty. It, naturally, long ago already in a past. Frescos in church have faded after numerous paintings by Muslims, inlaid floors of the XIII century in the 1980th have been cemented, and only the beautiful Byzantian stone laying of opus sectile in an apse has at present remained. The only thing that impresses here at present carried out a trip to Turkey — this creating the soaring atmosphere an internal place of a basilica and its massive columns.
The bridge constructed by the Ottoman conqueror in Turkey
From an apse of the former church go south, rise 400 m by a hillock down the street Kale Sokagi and enter into a fortress through gate partitioning off the street. From once magnificent Byzantian palace (Byzantine Palace) Komninov in the southeast end of the highest terrace overlooking Kuzgun Deresi (Raven Gorge) did not remain anything, not including heaps of stones. From east bastions over Tabakhan Deresi the tremendous view of Yeni Dzhum Dzhamy reveals. From here, observing some care, it is possible to go down between hovels and gardens with the malekhanky markets on a gorge bottom, and later to rise by its back. To the West from Ortakhisar Dzhamy there is a bridge in Turkey Zagnos (Zagrios Bridge) constructed by the Greek commander Mekhmed Zavoyevatelem turned into Moslem, and Kuzgun where the gone to pieces Greek houses in Turkey moderately give way to modern high-rise buildings with real estate in Turkey. On the back there is Bashnya Zagnos (Zagrios Tower), the most southern post of external protective walls (Walls) about which there is a beautiful late Ottoman fountain of Abdullakh pasha. On other party of Turkey Boulevard overloaded with transport and surrounding it from 2 parties of park there is a basic Ottoman monument of Trabzon, Gyulbakhar Hatun Dzhamy (Giilbahar Hatun Camii). Vobshchem, is even more interesting than its vicinity, than ordinary interiors. Selim’s I mother and wife Bayazida II whom called Gyulbakhar (the Spring Rose), was a tsarevna from the dynasty Komninov known for the devotion and charity which it bypassed neither Christians, nor Muslims. It was lost in 1512, in the 1st year of board of Selim, and in 1514 about its tomb construction of this mosque has been finished. At a complex facade Gyulbakhar Hatun begins Soguksu Caddesi with one of the most unusual, similar to palaces houses of rich citizens of the end of the XIX century.
Take pleasure in a type of historical monuments of Trabzon the ordered rounds to Turkey from Krasnodar can.